What is the best marketing automation software?
Here are my picks of the best marketing automation software to try this year:
ActiveCampaign is the best global marketing automation software.
It offers powerful email marketing automation with features like automatic responses, segmentation, third-party integrations, custom email templates, and more.
The software sends various personalized messages to your target audience, allowing you to feed your prospects automatically - whether it's a birthday email, a welcome email, or any other business email. The software also allows you to track analytics, including website visits, customer events, and provides instant analysis.
Here are a few features of the software that will give you a better idea of ActiveCampaign.
- Powerful sales automation : ActiveCampaign automatically extracts required lead information, like contact information and custom triggers. It also imports all of the extracted details into your CRM software.
- Customer experience tools : The software sends targeted and personalized email campaigns based on personalized events and triggers.
- Dynamic content : It creates dynamic content taking into account various factors such as customer interests, behavior analysis, social data, etc.
- 24/7 support : Provides users with 24/7 support through chat, phone, email, and online support.
The basic plan starts at $9 per month and goes up to $229 per month for 500 contacts. This number increases degressive depending on the size of your email list.
Get started with a free 14-day trial from ActiveCampaign.
Moosend is an email marketing tool that automates a large number of repetitive tasks so that marketers can focus on building and developing relationships with their potential customers.
Their emails are very easy to design and create. With a drag-and-drop campaign builder, you can easily add text blocks, images, social icons, links, etc. to your emails. Additionally, you can use their email template library to start with a well-planned layout that looks good on desktop and mobile email browsers.
Moosend stands out for its automation functions. Their pre-built automation models, which they call “recipes,” offer three categories of automation to help you engage with customers through upselling, engaging new customers, and retaining existing customers.
Each automation has three components: the trigger, the conditional/control steps, and the actions. By combining these three elements, you can filter your audience segments and create triggers that send your automation sequences when certain events occur.
Some of Moosend's key features include:
- Advanced segmentation : Whether it's engaged readers, abandoned cart emails, or others, you can easily segment your list to send emails to different types of potential customers.
- Custom opt-in forms : Well-designed forms allow readers to subscribe to your list wherever you choose to add your membership forms.
- Automation flow : You don't need to worry about coding advanced email sequences. Their automation models and workflows allow you to send personalized emails and engage in dialogue with your customers in just a few clicks.
- Creation of landing pages by drag-and-drop : Create pages with pre-designed templates that are optimized for conversions and load speed.
- Support : Chat, email, and phone support is provided and each business account has a dedicated account manager. Moosend also has an extensive knowledge base and video tutorials to answer questions.
Moosend prices increase according to the number of subscribers. If you have fewer than 1,000 subscribers, Moosend offers a free lifetime plan that includes unlimited emails, access to their signup forms, and reports and analytics.
Their paid plans start at $8 per month if you have fewer than 2,000 subscribers and provide access to their landing pages, SMTP servers, and transactional emails. They also offer customized business plans that offer full integration and migration, single sign-on (SSO), and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
Start with Moosend.
Keap (formerly known as InfusionSoft) is a privately owned email marketing company that is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
If you want to increase revenue, customer acquisition, and lead management, Keap (InfusionSoft) is here to help. It focuses primarily on the development and growth of small businesses through its technology and marketing automation services.
It eliminates the need to manually perform repetitive tasks like billing, tracking, contact management, and more.
Here are some of the features you can take advantage of with Keap (InfusionSoft):
- Enhanced website tracking : It helps you visualize and predict user behavior and offers detailed reports on metrics such as conversion rate, purchase rate, the customer's first visit, the total number of online customers, the time customers spent on a page, and more.
- Sales Automation : InfusionSoft eliminates the need to manually track leads and customers by automating the entire sales and marketing process.
- Productivity : The software is capable of sending 29 billion emails, managing 396 million contacts, and conducting over 450,000 campaigns.
- Customer support : It provides live support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as well as ongoing support.
InfusionSoft's initial package starts at $79 per month and can go up to $199 per month. You can also try the software before you buy it thanks to its free 14-day trial.
Start with Keap.
One of the advantages of GetResponse is that it is perfect for small and large businesses alike.
This marketing automation solution helps you do more in less time by offering services such as automation models, automatic segmentation of your email list, traffic and lead generation, cart abandonment tracking, etc.
Here are some of the most appealing features of the software:
- Multi-languages : The tool can be used to generate automatic email responses in 21 languages. This adds to the comfort of readers and makes it possible to follow the customer journey based on their behavior and history.
- Easy and advanced : Allows you to set up the most complex marketing campaigns thanks to an easy to use drag-and-drop editor. It's also very useful for designing powerful workflows and funnels.
- Autoresponder : The autoresponder allows you to follow your prospects automatically, without any manual intervention.
- A/B testing : Helps you implement the best possible solution by conducting an A/B test before launching the campaign.
- Webinar hosting : allows you to host webinars on the platform.
There are four plans with GetResponse. For up to 1,000 subscribers, plans start at $15 and go up to $1,999. The cost increases as you add subscribers to your email list.
Start with GetResponse
Initially, Brevo has been introduced to the market as a digital agency. Later, the company transformed itself into a solid email marketing tool, and today, it is one of the most popular marketing automation platforms.
The software offers great features, which include lead scoring, in-depth reporting, email marketing, segmentation, and more. In addition to that, Brevo also allows you to work with SMS campaigns.
You also have an impressive freemium plan that allows you to get a daily quota of 300 emails.
Here are some of the key features of this tool:
- Improved services : In addition to basic services, Brevo offers its users advanced services such as transactional emails, email marketing, and tools and SMS campaigns.
- Ease of use : The user does not need to have any special skills to create email templates or designs. Working on the email marketing campaign becomes considerably easier with multiple built-in templates and an easy to use drag-and-drop function.
- Follow-up and emails : Additional and advanced features of Brevo include custom contact search, importing contacts, campaign reports, responsive email designs, triggering marketing emails, and more.
For starters, it offers a free plan that offers up to 300 emails per day. The Lite plan is $25 for up to 40,000 emails per month. The price can go up to $66 per month for the Premium plan.
Start with Brevo
When it comes to inbound marketing, HubSpot is one of the best marketing automation software tools to rely on.
Additionally, HubSpot offers a wide range of tools, including sales software, customer support, and a CRM tool. The range of features provided by HubSpot include landing pages, web analytics, SEO, social media marketing, content management, and more.
Here are some of the attractive features it makes available to you:
- Editing and editing : HubSpot has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor that lets you create engaging web pages, blog posts, web pages, and email templates.
- Formatting and publishing : just as it is easy to edit content with this software, formatting and publishing it on the web portal is just as easy and fast.
- Integrated functions : HubSpot integrates with some of the most popular tools, like Netsuite, Salesforce, SugarCRM, and more.
- Automated email marketing : When it comes to automated emails, HubSpot offers pre-existing email templates and automatically customizes the subject and content for your target audience.
For marketing automation, you'll need to pay set-up fees ranging from $3,000 to $6,000 for professional and corporate packages. Apart from that, the cost is between $800 and $2,500. You also get a 30-day free trial.
Start with Hubspot Marketing Automation starting today.
Omnisend is one of the most popular e-commerce marketing automation platforms on the market. It uses various marketing channels to create the perfect strategy for your businesses.
In addition, it is a comprehensive tool that you can use for end-to-end activities such as collecting email addresses and contact details, sending emails, A/B testing, creating personalized emails, etc. In addition, it helps you analyze data accurately and provides detailed reports so that you can derive useful insights for your marketing campaign.
The good news is that the tool is offered in a freemium version, allowing you to get familiar with the interface before moving on to more advantageous plans that offer more advanced features.
- Flexible content editor - Use the editor to choose from a wide range of templates, drag and drop essential elements, and easily create content for regular campaigns or automated emails. It also allows you to use visual elements and the right keywords to positively influence customers.
- Extensive integrations - It integrates seamlessly with a variety of e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, Yotpo, etc. If Shopify isn't right for you, there are plenty of other solutions to consult.
- Campaign Booster - You can resend your newsletters and emails to prospects who didn't open them the first time. This feature dramatically improves click and open rates and can increase sales by up to 30%.
- Dynamic forms - You can use widget-based sign-up boxes and flexible pop-ups to get customer contact information without being too pushy or pushy.
- Automation - Use powerful automation features like smart triggers to reach the right customer at the right time. Additionally, the “shopping cart recovery automation workflow” can draw information from retargeting and abandoned carts, as well as cookies from users' computers, in order to identify and engage undecided customers.
Besides the free plan, there are three paid plans. The “Standard” plan costs $16 per month, the “Pro” plan is offered at $99 per month, and the “Enterprise” plan is based on a quote that you can customize to suit your needs. All plans come with a free 14-day trial.
Start with Omnisend starting today.
Founded in 2014, MoEngage is an AI-driven omnichannel marketing and customer engagement platform. It allows users to analyze customer behavior, engage customers effectively across multiple channels, and personalize each touchpoint for a seamless customer experience.
Additionally, MoEngage can help you increase the click rate on your website by 8 times.
The tool is most suitable for use in sectors such as e-commerce, travel and hospitality, telecommunications, as well as banking and insurance. In 2019, he was selected in the 2019 Magic Quadrant by Gartner for mobile marketing platforms.
- Content optimization - MoEngage uses Sherpa, an AI engine, to eliminate the need for manual content optimization. It can identify the best performing messages in real time by studying user interactions, and help select the right content.
- NATIV app - Designing highly personalized content for each client can take up to 8 weeks. But with the built-in NATIV app, you can get there in a matter of hours and start automatically providing content to your customers. By doing so, you can significantly increase your return on investment.
- Data visualization - It comes with built-in data visualization tools that provide detailed and actionable visual information to improve customer engagement. In addition to MoEngage's built-in capability, you can also use plugins like Tableau, Qlik, Looker, and Redash.
- Push Amplification - This feature helps users conduct push notification campaigns. By focusing on metrics like 30-day retention and monthly sessions per user, it allows users to reach 40% more potential customers.
- SMS service - The tool offers integration with some of the best SMS service providers like Nexmo Twilio, Solutionsinfini, and Gupshup. You can track metrics like the number of text messages sent, received, CTR, and conversion rates, all from a single platform. You can also integrate SMS into your omnichannel strategy in a transparent manner.
There are three plans, namely “Starter,” “Growth,” and “Enterprise.” While MoEngage starts from $999 per month, you should contact their sales department to find out the prices for their latest two most advanced plans.
Start with MoEngage starting today.
9. We report.
Ontraport was introduced to the market in 2006 and is perfect for solopreneurs, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. This software is particularly renowned for its solid information and detailed reports.
Ontraport allows you to create marketing automation campaigns and synchronize all your marketing tools for a simplified experience. On top of that, it also offers in-depth analytics to help you improve your results.
Here are some of the key features of the software:
- Advanced campaigns : Ontraport automates all of your marketing efforts and combines online marketing and offline campaigns at the same time for a fully integrated approach.
- Multiple actions : Campaigns here include text messages, emails, digital advertising, etc.
- Automatic emails : The software is able to write and send an email automatically, taking into account the interest of the user.
- Customer follow-up : The software is capable of creating a personalized journey and monitoring customer behavior.
- Online and offline results : With visual reporting tools on campaign performance, the user can get the results of their marketing efforts online and offline.
Initially, Ontraport offers a free 14-day trial; no credit is required. Paid plans start at $79 per month for 1000 contacts and go up to $497 per month for 20,000+ contacts.
Start with Ontraport
An integral part of SalesForce, Pardot was introduced to the automation market in 2006. This cloud-based automation platform is better suited for larger businesses, as it may take some time to get familiar with this marketing automation platform.
Pardot offers numerous essential features to boost your marketing campaigns, including email marketing automation, CRM integration, lead scoring, lead nurturing, and detailed ROI reporting. It also tracks the behavior of visitors to your website and provides solid analytics, which is very useful for engaging your prospects.
It is offered at a high price, with the basic package being $1,250 per month. However, if you want more advanced features, like A/B testing, social media support, etc., you'll need to upgrade to a more expensive pricing plan.
Here are some of the most appealing features of automated software:
- Advanced marketing campaigns : Pardot offers a personalized dashboard that helps you build comprehensive and dynamic marketing programs.
- Automatic campaign verification : The tool identifies gaps in your marketing campaigns and fixes them properly before the final launch to improve the customer experience.
- B2B Marketing Analytics : Provides in-depth analysis of your marketing performance, allowing you to take data-driven actions like Google Analytics.
- Integration with various platforms : Pardot works effectively with platforms like SugarCRM, SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamic CRM, Netsuite, e-commerce, content marketing, and multi-channel marketing tools.
The basic plan is $1250 per month, and prices go up to $4000 for more advanced features. You also get a 30-day free trial to test the product.
Start with Pardot
If you don't want to shell out more than $2,000 for marketing automation software, but still want reliable software with automation tools that are viable for an organization of over 100 people, Marketo is a great option.
Founded in 2006, the company is headquartered in California and has several branches in popular countries like Dublin, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and many more.
Popular among small and medium-sized businesses, Marketo offers spontaneous customer support. The software also allows integration with Salesforce.
Marketo offers a wide range of features, such as:
- A one-stop shop : Marketo offers multiple features to automate your marketing efforts, including customizable web page templates, automated emails, web analytics, lead maturation, social media marketing, and more.
- Custom touch : The software brings a personalized touch to your automated marketing campaigns by sending personalized and targeted emails to your audience.
- Increases revenue : It helps you identify your target audience as well as their problems and needs, allowing you to engage your audience and ultimately convert them into paying customers.
- Support : The software is supported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through online communication and offers instant responses.
Pricing plans start at $895 per month and go up to $3195 per month. There is no mention of a free trial on the website.
Start with Marketo
Autopilot receives a lot of praise for its visually appealing marketing automation solutions. It also offers a clean, easy to use editor to help you develop engaging marketing campaigns.
It helps businesses quickly automate services like lead tracking, email marketing, billing, and more.
Here are a few quick tips to know the characteristics of the software.
- Design and build a sales funnel : Allows you to build a complete sales funnel without any coding or technical knowledge. It's as easy as drawing on a whiteboard.
- Collaboration : It's one of the few marketing automation software that allows you to collaborate with your team.
- Different integrations : It offers integrations with one of the most popular marketing tools like Salesforce, LiveChat, Pipedrive, and more.
- Smart information : Analyze the entire customer journey and create detailed performance reports.
You get a 30-day free trial without having to enter your credit card details. Paid plans start at $49 per month and go up to $249 per month.
If you have more than 10,000 contacts, AutoPilot also offers a pricing plan based on quotes.
Start with Autopilot
Mautic is another great marketing automation software and the only free software on this list.
To help you reduce your workload and get the most out of your marketing campaign, it offers impressive features, such as automated drip campaigns, tracking your website visitors, robust analytics, email segmentation, and more.
Some of Mautic's most popular features include:
- Fast automation: It offers services like registration forms, workflow emails, segmentation, text messages, social media monitoring, web notifications, customer relationship management integration, and much more.
- Easy tracking: With the help of Mautic, it becomes easy to track the behavior of your customers. You can then track actions based on particular triggers.
- Email and campaign workflows: Helps the business with multiple processes and outcomes that are based on personalized triggers and actions.
The software's basic plan is completely free. Paid plans start at $100 per month.
Start with Mautic
Using marketing automation tools and marketing databases can help your marketing become more personalized and generate more revenue.
But it's difficult to keep up with changing marketing trends and to take on all the burdens alone. That's why marketing automation tools are all the rage among marketers.
However, the internet is awash with countless marketing tools, making it difficult to identify which one is best for your business.
In this list, ActiveCampaign is perfect for small and medium businesses. Not only is it reasonably priced, it also offers impressive features that can rival those of some of the more expensive tools.
These 3 tools are intended for large companies. And if your sole objective is to generate leads and increase your prospecting reach, then Prospect.io would be the best option.
In the end, it all comes down to your budget, requirements, business goals, and business size.